I'm Jacquie, a freelance makeup artist, skincare enthusiast & avid traveller. If I'm not visiting my family in Prince Edward County, I'm in Ottawa finishing my Public Affairs degree at Carleton University. The rest of my time is spent painting gorgeous faces, day dreaming & growing a line I never thought I'd have: JACQUIE. Cosmetics!
I specialize in luxury bridal & lifestyle makeup, but you'll also find me doing commercial & editorial work from Ottawa to Toronto. I like to think that I'm self-taught, but in reality the various trainings & master classes (including those with Mario Dedivanovic, Erik Soto & Gilbert Soliz) that I have attended over the past 8 years have helped to shape the artist I am today. At the age of 18 (& fresh out of high school), I also studied makeup artistry at the Make Up For Ever Academy in Paris, France.
Initially, I saw makeup as my comfort blanket in times when my teenage skin was not doing so hot.. 10 years later & clearer skin has allowed me to see it as more of the creative outlet that it has the potential to be. Despite my passion for everything quirky & colourful, on a daily basis you can usually find me in minimal to no makeup. I also firmly believe that beauty does not ever have to equal pain & therefore 100% of the products I use are not just luxurious, but cruelty-free too.
When it comes to my clients, I'm about enhancing stunning features that already exist! My artistry style involves less being more & I feel that even the most dramatic looks can be achieved without losing yourself in the process. Over the years I've curated my signature, which involves a love of glowing skin, fluffy lashes & groomed brows, paired with a luxe experience. Most of all though, I just want you to leave feeling pampered & confident, simple as that.
Because I love getting to know the girl (or boy) boss behind the brand, here are 5 things about me you may not know:
1) I grew up in Alberta & I've lived in 8 cities since then, including Paris & Dublin.
2) I kill plants like it's my day job, but continue to fill our home with them anyway.
3) I've never met a donut or veggie taco I didn't like.
4) I'm ridiculously passionate about the environment, so much so that I decided to pick up a double minor at university.
5) Painting (with rosé in hand of course) brings me a crazy amount of joy & my retirement goals include living in a loft turned art studio.