- Designate a peaceful area for hair & makeup, ideally with plenty of natural light, a table & stools. Keeping this area clutter free will also make for extra gorgeous getting ready photos!
- Tell your friends & family to have 1-2 reference photos available of looks they're loving. This is especially important for clearer communication & a faster application process. I recommend Pinterest as a starting point! In saying this, also tell them to be aware of overly-photoshopped images (i.e. have realistic expectations).
- Groom your eyebrows & take care of any unwanted facial hair 5 days beforehand. Makeup will not adhere properly to freshly waxed skin & this will also allow any potential irritation to calm down before your big day.
- Drink plenty of water leading up to & on the day of your wedding!
- Exfoliate from head to toe! Professional strength chemical peels are fine in the months prior, but keep the exfoliation gentle in the days leading up to your wedding please.
- Invest in some key touch-up essentials to keep your makeup looking fresh into the night. I'd suggest blotting papers, a sponge, translucent powder & your favourite lip colour as absolute necessities. Left wondering how to touch up?! It's all covered in this blog post.
- Schedule a mani/pedi with your girls on one of the days leading up to your wedding for prime relaxation & pamper time.
- Try out a spray tan for the first time days before your wedding. If you end up unhappy with the result, you're left with little to no time for fixes & plenty of time spent scrubbing your skin raw!
- Celebrate too much the night before (with alcohol that is)! No-one deserves puffy eyes, dehydrated skin & a throbbing headache the day of their wedding.
- Forget to relax.. Take some time for yourself! Have a bubble bath the night before, do some yoga the morning of, read a feel-good book, eat some great food (you get the point). Most importantly, allow yourself to completely unwind while getting your hair & makeup done. This is your day to shine & getting ready with your girls is an experience that will never be forgotten!
Did I miss anything?! Leave me a comment down below & let me know!