why should I book a bridal trial?
Meeting you prior to your wedding day makes a world of difference in ensuring that the makeup you want is what you receive on your wedding day. Trials eliminate stress & uncertainty, allowing me to get to know your personality & wedding style. Tweaks to your skincare routine are also suggested at the trial (if necessary) & together we have the opportunity to perfect your look & make adjustments. You are also more than welcome to have a trial done before you fully commit to me as your makeup artist. Ultimately I want to provide the best possible experience for your wedding day & trials allow me to do so!
how far in advance should I book my date?
There is really no guideline set in stone for when you should book, but I always say the sooner the better to avoid disappointment! Most brides book 12-18 months in advance & due to high demand, I am unable to inform brides if another bride has inquired about their date. In order to be held, all wedding dates require a 50% (non-refundable) retainer, which also locks in your pricing, in addition to a signed contract.
do you travel to me?
Yes! I bring luxury to wherever you may be. This keeps the experience as intimate & comfortable as possible for you, with no need to worry about traffic! I provide makeup services to Ottawa, Kingston, Belleville & the surrounding areas, including Prince Edward County. If your location is not listed, please feel free to get in touch, as I'll never turn down the chance to explore a new city!
what products do you use?
I use a wide range of products ranging from luxury to professional brands which I have spent years testing. Some of my favourite lines include Hourglass Cosmetics, RMS Beauty, Stila Cosmetics, Laura Mercier, Graftobian & RCMA. Everything in my kit is also cruelty-free because beauty does not have to equal pain!
do you offer airbrush?
The makeup I use provides the same long-wearing coverage & various finishes offered by airbrush makeup. I have spent years testing, trying & rejecting the products in my kit & am fully confident in their abilities to enhance your most gorgeous self!
what sort of timeline should I expect?
I generally allot 45 minutes per bridesmaid (with the same applying to events) & one hour for the bride. If extra services are required, such as tattoo coverage, more time is allotted. An exact timeline will be provided well in advance of your scheduled date. It's also always a good rule of thumb to eliminate distractions during makeup applications to ensure the timeline runs smoothly, including cell phone usage & eating.
do you offer hair services?
Although I do not offer hairstyling, I have partnered with the best in the industry from Ottawa to Prince Edward County & am more than happy to recommend my favourite stylists for your big day!
how should i prep for my wedding or event?
- Have a few reference photos available of looks you're loving & tell your bridesmaids to do the same. This is especially important for clearer communication & a faster application process. I recommend Pinterest as a starting point! In saying this, also be aware of overly-photoshopped images (i.e. have realistic expectations).
- Groom your eyebrows & take care of any unwanted facial hair 5 days beforehand. Makeup will not adhere properly to freshly waxed skin & this will also allow any potential irritation to calm down as well.
- Drink plenty of water leading up to & on the day of your wedding/event.
- See a dermatologist or esthetician 3-6 months before your date in order to target any specific skin concerns & build a proper skincare routine.
- Exfoliate from head to toe! Professional strength chemical peels are fine & even highly suggested in the months prior, but keep the exfoliation gentle in the days leading up to your wedding/event please.
- Invest in some key touch-up essentials to keep your makeup looking gorgeous into the night. I'd suggest blotting papers, translucent powder & your favourite lip colour as absolute necessities.
- Schedule a mani/pedi with your girls on one of the days leading up to your wedding/event for prime relaxation & pamper time.
- Try out a spray tan for the first time days before your wedding/event. If you end up unhappy with the result, you're left with little to no time for fixes & plenty of scrubbing your skin raw!
- Book your hair stylist & makeup artist last minute! Chances are your number one choice will be booked far in advance.
- Celebrate too much the night before (with alcohol that is)! No-one deserves puffy eyes, dehydrated skin & a throbbing headache the day of their wedding/event.
- Forget to relax... Take some time for yourself! Have a bubble bath the night before, do some yoga the morning of, read a feel-good book, eat some great food, you get the point. Most importantly, take the time to completely unwind while getting your hair & makeup done. This is your day to shine!
The Blog Archives!